Thursday, February 25, 2010

Matthew 11 - All you who are weary

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The following words and music by Joy Webb have been running through my head since posting Matthew 11. You can hear the music on YouTube (see the link below) ... here are the words:

SHARE MY YOKE
Music and lyrics by Joy Webb
Arranged for brass band by Ivor Bosanko

When I'm tired and nothing's going right for me;
When things I've counted on just do not come my way;
When in my mind the thick grey folds of doubt arise,
It's then I seem to hear him say:

(chorus)

Share my yoke and find that I am joined with you.
Your slightest movement I shall feel and be there too!
Share my yoke and come the way that I must go!
In our "togetherness" my peace you'll know;
The world beholding us will see it so!

When I'm perplexed and no one's understanding me;
When even safest thoughts collapse in disarray;
When I've lost the things that always seemed so sure,
It's then I need to hear him say: (repeat chorus)

When I'm alone and nothing's getting through to me;
And isolation that increases day by day;
When closest friends can seem a thousand miles away,
It's then I long to hear him say: (repeat chorus)

© 1987 by Salvationist Publishing & Supplies, Ltd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpmyORGABY

1 comment:

divad said...

One of my favourites! Thank you!