Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rabbit Trail

Hello :) Ages ago I read a book that had these little extra sections - they called them 'rabbit trails' - at the end of the book. They were supplementary chapters on the topics being discussed. This is a little 'rabbit trail' :)

I've found myself humming a melody lately and realized the other day it was one I had written a long time ago. I dug out the words last night and thought I'd like to post them here. It would be really cool if I knew how to record the music so you could hear it too, but for now the words will have to do ...

v.1
The old familiar carols bring mem'ries of the past.
Their notes ring out that Christmas time is here.
But don't miss out the message that's found within each line,
Christmas can be all throughout the year.

Chorus
It wasn't just a baby born on Christmas night,
Not just a precious child, beneath a wondrous light.
The Saviour for the world! Hope for all mankind!
God's promise was fulfilled at Christmas time.

v.2
The malls are filled with shoppers, from store to store they go
You can see that from their faces they don't know,
The greatest gift at Christmas, was sent from God above
The gift of Jesus Christ, sent down in love.

Chorus
Jesus wasn't just a baby born that Christmas night,
He was more than just a child, beneath a wondrous light
The Saviour of the world! Hope for you and I!
God's love was given to us on Christmas night.

God's promise is for us this Christmas time.


As I think about it now I have a feeling I 'wrote' this while standing at a Christmas kettle! :) So, for all you kettle workers/volunteers out there ... this one's for you. :)

2 comments:

divad said...

You are so talented!!! Not many can write lyrics and music. It's great to be reading through Matthew with you...even though you have to do most of the work! Your timing has been impeccable with the season that is upon us!

Alison said...

Thanks Dawne! :)To be honest, I didn't even think of the timing when I started ... it's been really good though! :)