Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just for fun :)


I have been awarded the Beautiful Blogger Award from Dawne, who is also a blogger, chronicling her 365 day, 100 pound weight loss challenge...she's doing great!

In accepting this award, I am supposed to share seven things you don't know about me. This could be tricky seeing as my parents and husband read this - so I may just go with 7 things I like. Then I think I'm supposed to send this award to 7 more Beautiful Bloggers. I don't know if I know seven ... I'll have to see if I can come up with a few after this post!


1. I started this blog as a result of watching the movie Julie and Julia. It's a pretty good movie if you haven't seen it.

2. I do not like Lycra or wool in my socks! :)

3. I have never read through the entire Bible - but I am working on it now thanks to Maude Betts who gave me her 'Read through the Bible in a year' Bible.

4. I once really wanted to learn how to play the clarinet.

5. I love books, routine, home, warmth, soft material, sunshine and hugs. These things all bring me comfort.

6. When I played my grade 10 piano exam I nearly, seriously, fainted from fear. That's the most scared I've been in a long while.

7. Exercising gives me energy (this is something I didn't know about me until I started doing the exercise videos, 'Walk away the pounds' with Leslie Sansone. I don't know that any pounds have walked away but I feel more alive after a half hour walking!)

Well that's that! :)

Now for seven other bloggers ... I really only know three bloggers ...

Well after a few attempts over the last few days at linking this site to other bloggers' sites I have had no luck - so ... sadly I cannot give anyone else this prestigious award! :) But I will say thank you to all you who read - you deserve an award for that! :)

Alison :)

p.s. Good news! I just figured out how to adjust the date at the top of the post! :) Yippeee :)

3 comments:

divad said...

I loved your seven things! I didn't know your idea came from the movie...so did mine! I didn't even know weight loss blogs existed...little did I know! :) Your on line ministry has encouraged some of my followers...Bought With a Price is especially fond of your writing. You truly are a beautiful blogger! :)

Alison said...

Thanks Dawne :)

Beth said...

I'm interested in "copying" your Matthew project and doing a blog on either Ephesians or Nehemiah. Wanted to check with you before I did that...love your blog and the idea of doing my own.